Thursday, December 14, 2006

Live Free or Die... THUD


Ya know, I love DIE HARD! It was really the first pure adult action film that I fell in love with. Listening to Wilis spout off foul mouthed lines like "Yippie-ki-yeah mother f*cker!" and "No f*cking sh*t, lady. Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?" inspired me to be just as foul mouthed - and began my love of the f-word.

DIE HARD 2 was just as fun - "Freedom!" SLAM - "Not yet!" Bloody, exciting, and fun to watch and re-watch.

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE was a little darker - but still a joy to behold. "Are you aiming for these people?" - "No... Well, maybe that mime."

Bruce Wilis became my favorite leading man (I was loving him on Moonlighting) and the three films served as my go-to picks on those late Saturday nights when a great flick is needed to be viewed (we should have Sheriff re-tell the fantastic tales of drunken DIE HARD/whole chicken eating Saturday nights!!).

Now we have LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD.

Ugh.


I guess the action is there - as seen above - but now it is more... over the top crappy rather than over the top cool. The new director, Len Wisemen, did the Underworld films and this kind of action seems to look similar to the slow motion huge action of those films.

Take a look at the trailer.


I am not too sure about this flick.

One final complaint - I miss Bruce Wilis having hair. Just throw a rug on his head... fake it... this crap looks waaay too much like MERCURY RISING and I almost killed myself watching that flick.

No good... no good.

Yo

6 comments:

Kern said...

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I am kind of worried about Justin Long("Hi, I'm a Mac!") being in the film. While I thought his portrayal of Warren Chezwick on the short lived sitcom Ed was really touching and funny in many ways, something tells me that he's not quite up to doing buddy movies with Bruce Willis yet.

A funny side note for those 2 of you out there who may have watched Ed, the girl who played Diane, Warren's pal, is now playing the youngest wife on Big Love.

I need to get out more.

Damfino said...

"Who's driving that car - Stevie Wonder?"

Damfino said...

Big Love - nominated for Best Drama at the Golden Globes... and I love her golden...


er...



she is cool.

Damfino said...

"We're gonna need some more FBI guys."

Damfino said...

"YEEEEHAAAA - reminds me of f*cking Vietnam!!!"

"I was in grade school you d*ck."

Kern said...

I totally wish I could remember that girl's name. I'm with you on her Golden Globes though, they're damned sweet.