Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Vintage Rides and Burnt Hides

As I probably mentioned yesterday, I went with my Dad to the Vintage Races at Pacific Raceways in Auburn, WA on Sunday. I had been before, but this was the July 4th run, and it's quite a bit busier and more exciting than some of the other events held during the year. It also taught me a valuable lesson, which is that if you are the type of person who never goes in the sun, either continue that streak, or wear SPF 1000000. I, dumbass that I am, wore nothing. I am paying the price, let me tell you. Anyhow, this story would really be worthless without pics so without further ado(I'm sorry Damfino is missing these, by the way)...



Ford GT40(I think they used to drive these in the 24 Hours of Le Mans)



Shelby GT 350 Mustang(Year Unknown)



Formula V(Small Racecar with VW powerplant)



Corvette Roadster Year 1960-something



Ford Falcon



Ok, this bad boy is the one I was telling you about last week. It's my Dad's 1966 Shelby GT 350. It's currently being worked on, which is why it's on a hydraulic lift. This thing sounds like Satan. Nothing polite about the engine whatsoever. It roars.
Hopefully, I will be able to get some more pics up once it comes back, or it's not up on the lift, one of the two.

Anyhow, thought you guys might get a little kick out of the vintage goodness. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

17 comments:

krysta jo said...

Those cars are HOTT. Thank you for sharing!!!

This will teach Jed to not go on vacation ever again. Think of all the blogging fun he is missing.

Kern said...

Yay! I'm glad the cars brought joy to someone's day. And yes, Jed is missing out on all the good times. Today's record review included.

krysta jo said...

He is missing out on sooo much!

Kern said...

That was what I was thinking. Still no sign of Urnotme, though.

How's yr day going?

PS-I think my sunburn is just now starting to fade a little bit. I put aloe on twice last night and once this morning. I am going to slather some more on when I get home.

krysta jo said...

Congrats on the fading sunburn!!

Day is going slow but if I can get another 3-4 papers edited, I am finished with that task and I can go home!!!

krysta jo said...

How's your day going?

krysta jo said...

very nice painting queenb. I likes mucho.

Kern said...

So far it's ok. A little sore from the burn but other than that, I'm alright. What kind of papers are you editing?

Queen B: That painting was awesome! Very well timed with the holiday, I must say.

I kind of wish that I had gotten more pics of the cars. Especially in action. The big bore class which included the Jag E-types, Corvettes, Ford Falcons, Shelby Mustangs, etc. sounded like a swarm of hornets from hell as they came down that straight and nearly gave me whiplash as they flew by. It was kind of funny, I have to note, that there was an AMC Javelin that was in that race, though I think he pulled out after realizing he couldn't hang.

Kern said...

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I haven't seen any posts from him since last night.

krysta jo said...

urnotme is too good for us today we think...no one has seen him yet. Probably working.

I am editing class papers that were prepared for a Spring Food Science class. The class developed lesson plans for a lesson in space food. Te only problem I am having is that some of the students are International so I am hoping I understand their intent and can relay that through my edits and corrections.

Kern said...

Food Science...that sounds cool. I wonder if that's like the stuff Alton Brown does on Good Eats.

You know, I kind of miss Jed's wacky input. I know it's been less than a week, but...

Speaking of a week, I can't believe I'll be there a week from Friday. I'm going crazy inside!

Now if only this sunburn will go away before I get there.

krysta jo said...

Food Science...well...it's interesting alright. I am learning all kinds of random knowledge about requirements for space food. From what I have sampled, taste isn't a big requirement.

I also miss Gutter Jed. What a punk.

I simply do not have enough time to prepare myself for your visit Alex.

Kern said...

There's not much to do, really. Just bring your lovely self to the part-ay and that's good enough for me.

Kern said...

Anyone still out there?

urnotme said...

I am but today's a brand new day.

The cars are frickin' sweet!!

I am so Jealous.

QueenB nice work! BTW I went thru the other pics cause I'm nosy. Hope you don't mind lol.

Kern said...

Urnotme: I did enjoy the cars. I'm debating whether they were quite worth the sunburn, but I would lean towards yes. When does Jed return?

urnotme said...

Jed will be back late saturday. I'm not sure if he's going back to work on Monday or not.