Thursday, March 23, 2006

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Apparently, Physiologists at Frankfurt University have conducted a study that shows that people who fake niceness die younger. The example of flight attendants and customer service workers was given, but I think the rule goes to all of those who pretend to be nice when they really just want to bitch that person out. (study link below) So, in an effort to live longer, I am going to institute a new policy of rudeness and grumpiness. So say goodbye to Mr. Nice Guy, and hello to the bastard – that’s Mr. Bastard to you … bitch.
Link – like you really care: bastardlink

6 comments:

Damfino said...

Deit - If it helps, I have always thought of you as a cold hearted b@stard.

Must be those English roots!

Kern said...

So this is different from the status quo how...?



I kid, I kid...

Kern said...

Ah thank god, the posting works again on my machine!

Deit Heimley said...

It does help Jed, but now I want to get a pin or something:

Bitchiness: Now part of a complete breakfast

I’m a bitch for my health not yours

Something like that. Anyone else happy that the medical profession has now proved that having a mood disorder is good for your health?

Kern said...

Yes, because now it means that being crotchety is actually good for me, and everytime I write a column complaining about stuff, I am doing something good for my health.

By the logic this article points out, Andy Rooney must be the healthiest son of a bitch alive.

FlopTheNuts said...

Sweet!!

My "stance" has always been to give someone a chance after their first impression, then if I still don't like 'em, I don't give 'em the time of day thereafter. (Well, with certain disclaimers: if I have to work with someone, for example, I'll be a bit more civil.)

Maybe it has something to do with the catharsis of not hiding your feelings about someone?